This rice pudding is a spin on the traditional rice pudding using brown rice; oh my gosh, it is amazing!
This dish has just the right balance of savory and sweet balance, which makes for a great breakfast or even dessert.
For rice Pudding-
1 cup brown rice
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup date paste
2 Tbsp ground flax
For the Blueberry sauce –
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup water
1) Add all rice pudding ingredients to the instant pot
2) Using the porridge mode, set the instant pot to 20 minutes
3) Slow release 10 minutes
4) While the pudding cooks, place blueberries and water in a small saucepan
5) Allow the blueberry mixture to cook for a few minutes while you mash the berries a bit with a potato masher or spoon
6) After the slow release on the instant pot is complete, enjoy the rice pudding with a drizzle of blueberry sauce